Next Meet up No.4 on May 31st, Sunday
May 24, 2015
Hi, Place-Making Team,
The last Saturday meet up was so fruitful! Thank you EVERYONE for your participation and inputs!
The next meet up is THIS Sunday, May 31st.
We will be doing our own self-guded tour of Dunbar-in-Bloom 2015 Private Garden Tour, a chance to stroll through some of Dunbar's unique and beautiful private gardens (with the colourful flags in front of the open gardens).
Rain or Shine. Please see the route map below.
We will be meeting up at Keiko’s home at 10am.
10am - 12noon
- 5525 Crown St. (Outdoor living areas with patios, pond, ferns, succulents, and greenhouse with desert succulents)
- 3531 W. 40th Ave (Front back and side gardens, shrubs, trees, herbs, veggies, irises, strawberries, assorted mosses, black bamboo sways, vegetables weaving in amongst the tulips)
- 3758 W. 38th Ave (Since 1978!, tress and shrubs, vegetables, and flowers)
- 4093 W. 33rd (Organic bee-friendly garden, perennials, pond, veggies, dwarf apple stress, and blueberries)
-3933 W. 32nd Ave (Front Garden - perennial garden in two tiers, flower, outdoor sitting room)
- 4731 Collingwood (Gardening for wildlife - work in progress)
12 lunch break: we will be picnicking at Dunbar Community CC’s lawn.
- 3904 W 21st Ave (Front features shrubs and trees, back changes yearly with annuals in ground and pots)
- 3951 W 20th Ave. (Small lot and cottage, wild mountain flora)
- 4094 W. 16th Ave (raised beds, greenhouse, mainly vegetables)
Please reply to me by Thursday if you are attending, as I have to plan for the car pooling logistics!